Emergency services were on the scene of a kitchen fire that broke out yesterday on a West Oxfordshire estate.

The incident was attended last night by Carterton Fire Station and Bampton Fire Station following reports of flames in the kitchen of a property in the Brize Meadow Estate in Brize Norton.

Emergency services were "quickly in attendance" and "doused the flames before it could cause anymore damage".

READ MORE: Didcot woman sentenced after staffie dog bites motorcyclist

A public Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service post said: "Thankfully the property had working smoke alarms and everybody got out safely.

"With the festive period inching closer we would like to remind everybody of the importance of having working smoke alarms."

Locals were also encouraged to visit the County Council website "for more information on how to keep your family and your home safe over Christmas".