FIRE crews rushed to Bicester Village after a fire broke out at one of the restaurants on site.

When firefighters arrived at the scene yesterday lunchtime, they were faced with smoke billowing from an air conditioning unit at the back of the restaurant and from the vents at the top of the building.

ALSO READ: Fire crews tackle huge Easter Sunday blaze

Quick action from crews to locate the fire within the ducting revealed the flames were spreading inside the building.


Using breathing apparatus and hose reels, crews were able to cut away to expose the fire and extinguish it before ventilating the heavily smoke-logged building.

Bicester Fire Station said on Facebook that as this was a commercial building, businesses are reminded to:

  • Carry out a fire risk assessment of the premises and review it regularly
  • Tell staff or their representatives about the risks you’ve identified
  • Put in place and maintain appropriate fire safety measures
  • Plan for an emergency
  • Provide staff information, fire safety instruction and training