FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Oxford after a pan set fire in the kitchen.

Neighbours had heard the smoke alarm sounding on Sunday afternoon and had quickly called 999.

Read more: every single crime in Oxford - MAPPED 

Crews from Slade Road and Rewley Road fire station arrived within minutes and managed to get into the house to put the blaze out. 

'Luckily' the only thing damaged was the saucepan. 

Taking to Facebook, Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service said: "Please make sure you have working and tested smoke alarms in your house, in this instance a neighbour heard the alarm and quickly called us out."