A 17-YEAR-OLD boy was pronounced dead on Boxing Day after a drugs overdose, an inquest heard yesterday.

Louis Ciampoli-Messiou, 17, from Bampton, died at a friend's house in Nursery Close, Oxford.

A toxicology report suggested the single student died of 'multiple drug toxicity (MDMA and morphine)'.

ALSO READ: Wantage mum found dead by son after drug overdose

Coroner Darren Salter said: "It is reported that he was staying at a friend's house, arriving on December 25. But sadly, on the following day, in the afternoon, he was discovered unresponsive.

"Paramedics arrived but there was no signs of life."

The full inquest, also at Oxford Coroner's Court, is due to be conducted on Thursday, September 19.