DANNY Barnes scored a dramatic last-gasp try to keep Chinnor top of the table, with a thrilling 24-17 win over 14-man Barnes at Kingsey Road on Saturday.

The National League 2 South clash was tied at 17-17, with seconds remaining.

But Chinnor broke from their own try line and captain Barnes dived over to maintain Chinnor’s promotion push.

The visitors opened the scoring on 11 minutes, when Jamie Collins went over for a converted try.

Chinnor began to dominate at the scrum and Bevon Armitage crossed to make it 7-5.

The main talking point came on 30 minutes, when Barnes’s Robby Martey was sent off for a high tackle on Josh Davies.

Chinnor’s Tom Price was sin-binned for retaliating.

The hosts took advantage of the resulting penalty, kicking to the corner, before Jamie Townsend went over to make it 12-7.

Debutant Ben Pienaar was yellow-carded for the hosts after the break and Tom O’Toole’s penalty reduced the arrears.

O’Toole then converted his own score, before Tom Burns crossed for Chinnor to make it 17-17 with nine minutes to go.

Barnes had an opportunity to win it, but O’Toole missed his penalty attempt.

Chinnor could not clear their lines, though, and were forced to defend for the last few seconds.

Then Greg Goodfellow started a break, before Barnes combined with Junior Fatialofa and Ben Manning to dive over.

Roddy Giles added the extras to finish a compelling clash.

George Jackson missed a last-minute penalty as Henley Hawks lost 20-17 at home to Cinderford.

Two James Moffat penalties, with Jackson replying, helped the visitors lead 6-3 at half-time.

Hawks started the second period with greater intent and Rob Bell was driven over. Jackson converted to make it 10-6.

The match boiled down to a frantic last ten minutes as Cinderford’s James Williams went over and Moffat converted.

Henley thought they had done enough, when Joe Butler crossed on 74 minutes, with Jackson’s conversion making it 17-13.

But on 79 minutes, Sam Goatley’s converted try made it 20-17.

There was still one-last chance for Hawks, but Jackson’s late penalty attempt slipped wide.