THE girlfriend of murder accused Haydan O’Callaghan yesterday told a jury she could not remember an attack prosecutors say led to the death of musician Aaron Buron.

Latasha Peck, who has been in a relationship with O’Callaghan “on and off” for four years, was giving evidence at Oxford Crown Court about the events that led up to Mr Buron’s death on March 31.

Barrister Ian Acheson has told the jury it is the prosecution case O’Callaghan attacked Miss Peck and Mr Buron was then stabbed to death when he tried to intervene.

O’Callaghan, of Saunders Road, East Oxford, admits manslaughter but denies murdering the 29-year-old.

Miss Peck told the jury she had been drinking with her 18-year-old boyfriend from about 4pm on March 31. They then went to the home of Lisa Harris – Mr Buron’s girlfriend – in St Martin’s Road, Rose Hill, and she said: “I was a little bit drunk, but I still knew what was going on.”

O’Callaghan went out to get a bottle of whisky that people carried on drinking.

Miss Peck said she could not remember a fight breaking out but added: “I was in the living room. I felt a sharp pain through my forehead.”

When asked by Mr Acheson, prosecuting, what was happening, Miss Peck replied: “I don’t know. I went back in the bathroom and then when I came back out everyone had gone. I think I got Lisa to ring me a taxi.”

She added: “When my taxi was outside there was no one there that was at the house before. There was just lots of police.”

Miss Peck, mother to an 11-month-old girl, said she felt upset and added: “I just wanted to get back to my daughter. My head was hurting where I had that sharp pain.”

She took a taxi to O’Callaghan’s mother’s home in Saunders Road, where she was living, and went to bed when O’Callaghan then returned.

Miss Peck said she woke up to find police officers in the house. She had a black eye and a lump on her head, but could not remember how she got the injuries.

Home Office pathologist Dr Simon Poole told the jury a 4in-deep stab wound in Mr Buron’s chest pierced the largest artery in the body, the aorta, as well as his heart. A second stab wound pierced Mr Buron’s liver and cut bone cartilage and there was also a stab wound on his arm.

Of the chest wound, Dr Poole said: “At least a moderate degree of force would be required. In my opinion a knife, if sharp and with blade dimensions similar to the exhibit, could have caused a fatal wound.”

The trial continues.