Lighter warning after garage fire in St Luke's Road, Cowley

Lighter warning after garage fire

Lighter warning after garage fire

First published in News thisisoxfordshire: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter covering Bicester and Banbury. Call me on (01865) 425426

A rubbish fire started by a young person playing with a lighter spread to a garage and back of a home.

Firefighters were called to St Luke’s Road, Cowley at about 1.30pm on Saturday .

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said it was “caused accidentally by a young person playing with a lighter” and police attended to ensure neighbours were out of their homes.

It said: “The fire engines arrived shortly afterwards and knocked down the flames before the fire could take hold and threaten peoples’ homes close by.”

Firefighter Matt Stott from Rewley Road Fire Station, Oxford said: “It’s important for adults to keep lighters and matches and any other type of fire lighting materials away, and out of reach of infants and young children”.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree