When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Burnt dinner sparks fire alert
8:30am Saturday 24th May 2014 in News
A burning dinner was mistaken for a house fire in Blackbird Leys, Oxford.
Two fire crews, from Slade Park and Rewley Road, went to the house in Juniper Road after a neighbour heard the smoke alarms sounding and noticed the smell of smoke.
No-one was inside, but a small pan of food was slightly burning on the stove.
Firefighters climbed into the house through an open window and cleared the smoke before any damage was caused, with the homeowner coming back as the crews were leaving.
It took place on Tuesday, but fire crews have only just released the information.
- Our top stories:
Comments are closed on this article.