A man has admitted abducting his six-year-old son and taking him to Turkey.
Mustafa Duyus, of Nightingale Avenue, Greater Leys, entered a guilty plea yesterday at Oxford Crown Court, over an incident on September 2 last year.
Prosecutor Rachel Drake said the 46-year-old left for Turkey from Heathrow airport with son Kubilay Ramazan, aged six.
She told Judge Mary Jane Mowat the offence took place against the background of a custody dispute between the parents.
Miss Drake added: “After a scheduled visit the child was not brought back.”
The court heard the child was later retrieved by his mother from Turkey.
Duyus was bailed and is to be sentenced at Oxford Crown Court on May 23.