Couple lucky after chip pan catches fire

thisisoxfordshire: Couple lucky after chip pan catches fire Couple lucky after chip pan catches fire

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire in Cowley.

Firefighters were called to Craufurd Road on Saturday at 7.09pm. A man and woman were treated at the scene by paramedics.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said the pan had been left unattended.

Watch manager Alan Hutchinson said: “The occupants were lucky that they had working smoke alarms to raise the warning.”

Related links

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:25am Mon 20 Jan 14

alu355 says...

Doesn't sound to me like they were 'lucky', more that they had the foresight to have working smoke alarms.
Doesn't sound to me like they were 'lucky', more that they had the foresight to have working smoke alarms. alu355
  • Score: -118

1:36pm Mon 20 Jan 14

WitneyGreen says...

People still use chip pans?
People still use chip pans? WitneyGreen
  • Score: -82

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree