When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Commuters tell of their long journeys to work
7:00am Saturday 11th January 2014 in News
COMMUTERS have told of the disruption the floods caused to their journeys to work.
Many train services have either been delayed or cancelled, and Seacourt and Redbridge park-and-rides have been closed because of water levels.
Alex Grant, 26, who works in advertising in London, has been walking from his home in Cumnor to the railway station.
He said: “It has taken me up to two and a half hours to walk and then get the train. I normally drive up to the station. It’s not too bad, but my journey has been much longer.”
A 30-year-old solicitor, who did not want to be named, said she was glad the train operators had been doing what they could. She said: “I am really pleased that I have still been able to get to Oxford from Reading. Even though it has taken me much longer than normal, I’ve still been able to get to work.”
Kevin Bezant, from Kidlington, said he was taking the bus into the city centre and walking to his office in Osney Mead.
He said: “It hasn’t been too bad for me. The buses have been much busier and I have noticed that a lot of people seem to be parking in Kidlington and getting the bus in from there, rather than try to get in to Oxford, so it has been busy in Kidlington for the past few days.”
Comments are closed on this article.