When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Dementia victim died after choking on food
11:00am Friday 30th August 2013 in News
A disabled dementia sufferer choked to death on her food, an inquest heard yesterday.
Pauline Thompson, 79, was diagnosed with dementia two years ago, a statement by her GP Dr Margaret Budden said.
The retired laboratory assistant from Canning Crescent, South Oxford, choked on her lunch on May 13 and died at the John Radcliffe Hospital the following day.
Oxfordshire Coroner Darren Salter recorded a verdict of accidental death at the inquest into her death.
A medical cause of death was given as brain injury caused by an airway obstruction with dementia as a factor.