When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Asbestos did not kill engineer
12:00pm Saturday 27th April 2013 in News
A FORMER engineer did not die from exposure to asbestos, though he may have taken in the life-threatening substance, a coroner said.
Frederick Savage worked at Oxford firms W Lucy & Co Ltd and HG East & Co Ltd in the 1950s and 1960s, Oxfordshire coroner Darren Salter heard.
He was admitted to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital on December 28 after a cardiac arrest and died on January 2 aged 77.
The Waverley Avenue, Kidlington, resident had been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis in 2004.
Mr Salter recorded death by natural causes, saying there was a “complete absence” of asbestos bodies found in his post-mortem.
Comments are closed on this article.