When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
The Scales of Justice
8:00pm Monday 4th February 2013 in News
- Nazira Mefailoua, 56, of Henry Taunt Close, Headington, Oxford, admitted stealing a Ralph Lauren jumper worth £49.99 from TK Maxx in the John Allen Centre, Between Towns Road, Cowley, Oxford, on December 29 last year. Fined £50 and told to pay £49.99 compensation to TK Maxx, a victim surcharge of £20 and £35 costs.
- Jennifer Ford, 52, of Iffley Road, Oxford, admitted causing criminal damage to between 15 and 20 china mugs at The Porch Steppin’ Stone drop-in centre, in Magdalen Road, Oxford, on December 29 last year. Given a 12 month conditional discharge and told to pay a victim surcharge of £15 and costs of £30.
- Zemrie Heta, 57, of Preachers Lane, Oxford, admitted stealing a purse and a pillow worth £55 from Debenhams in Magdalen Street, Oxford, on October 12 last year. He also admitted receiving bed linen stolen from a Next store at his home on the same date. Discharged conditionally for 12 months for both offences and ordered to pay £250 costs.
- Zirak Qadir, 32, of Iffley Road, Oxford, admitted driving without insurance on November 21 last year in Rose Hill, Oxford. Fined £165 and told to pay a £15 victim surcharge and £40 costs. Received six points on his licence.
- Carmen Hutchinson, 33, of Fettiplace Road, Headington, Oxford, admitted stealing a bottle of brandy worth £30.50 from Tesco in Oxford Retail Park, Ambassador Avenue, Cowley, on August 18 last year. Fined £100 and told to pay a £15 victim surcharge and £50 costs.
- Bobby Davenport-Weller, 20, of Fleet Way, Didcot, admitted assault by beating in Oxford on November 2. Given an 18-month conditional discharge and told to pay compensation of £100 to his victim, a £15 victim surcharge, and £50 costs.
- Younis Ward, 19, of Nye Bevan Close, Oxford, admitted two assaults by beating at Oxford Railway Station on August 11 last year. Community order made with community domestic violence programme and supervision requirements. Told to pay compensation of £100 to his victim and costs of £50.
- Freya Bell, 23, of West Brook, Grove, Wantage, admitted drinking and driving in Cuddeson Way on November 11 last year. Had 204 micrograms of alcohol in 100 mililitres of blood, above the limit of 80 mg. Community order made with drug rehabilitation and supervision requirements. Told to pay a £60 victim surcharge and banned from driving for 22 months. Also admitted driving without insurance, aggravated vehicle taking and vehicle damage on the same date. Told to make three compensation payments of £100 to victims.
- Aaron Mcdonagh, 25, of Columbine Gardens, Oxford, admitted drinking and driving in Barns Road, Cowley, Oxford, on January 1 this year. Had 60 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, above the legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £500 and told to pay a victim surcharge of £50 and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 16 months.
- Nathan Pedley, 36, of Clarks Row, Oxford, admitted possessing three tablets of Class C drug Clonazepam at St Aldate’s Police Station, Oxford, when he was arrested on November 4 last year. Fined £50 and told to pay a victim surcharge of £20. Also admitted stealing protein powder worth £43.19 from Boots in Cornmarket Street, Oxford, on December 21 last year and fined £50.
- Stephen East, 26, of Weyland Road, Headington, Oxford, admitted causing actual bodily harm in Bayswater Road, Barton, Oxford, on November 23 last year. Told to pay his victim compensation of £150.
- Martin Taylor, 56, of Heath Close, Headington, admitted possessing a kitchen knife in a public place, Christ Church Meadow, Oxford, on September 19 last year. Conditionally discharged for 12 months.
- Vaughan Just, 19, of Stockham Way, Wantage, admitted possessing cannabis and cannabis resin, both Class B drugs, at St Nicholas CofE Primary School, Sarajac Avenue, East Challow, Wantage, on December 16 last year. Conditionally discharged for six months and told to pay a victim surcharge of £15 and £85 costs.
- Christopher Ball, 21, of Challenor Close, Abingdon, admitted assault by beating in Croasdell Close, Abingdon, on August 11 last year. Community order made with managing alcohol related aggression course and supervision requirements. Told to pay £85 costs and £50 compensation.
- Aaron Deakin-Hars, 23, of Lowell Place, Witney, admitted obstructing a police officer in the execution of her duty on June 6 last year. Fined £100 and told to pay a victim surcharge of £15 with costs of £40.
- Daniel Westlake, 19, of Marlborough Road, Oxford, admitted stealing a Honda CBF motorcycle worth £2,500 from Littlegate Street, Oxford, on November 23 last year. Four-month prison sentence suspended for 18 months with 120 hours unpaid work and a requirement to take a thinking skills course. Told to pay £200 compensation.
- Andrew Routledge, 32, of The Beeches mobile home park, Chipping Norton, admitted stealing three pieces of rail and a gatepost belonging to Enstone Airfield between December 27 and December 31 last year. Community order made with curfew requirement for two months where Routledge must remain at his home daily between 8pm and 6am. Ordered to pay £300 costs.