Inquest told of drink and cocaine use

Jade Parr

Jade Parr

First published in News

A MOTHER died after taking a fatal cocktail of drugs and alcohol, an inquest heard.

Jade Parr was found dead in her own bed by her best friend Lucy Kibble.

The 25-year-old had taken a mixture of cocaine and vodka when she got home from a night out with friends in May.

Deputy Oxfordshire coroner Peter Clark heard how Ms Parr, a hairdresser, had spent the night of May 26 partying with friends at The Bridge nightclub in Oxford. Sean Pearce, an acquaintance of Ms Parr’s, said in his statement that he had spent the evening with her and her friends.

Mr Pearce’s statement said he and Ms Parr took a taxi back to her home, where they continued drinking vodka and she took cocaine.

Some time later, he said, he put Jade to bed and left. Having not been able to wake her up, he put her in the recovery position. Ms Kibble found her body after going to her flat in Territorial Way on May 27.

Mr Clark recorded a verdict of death by abuse of alcohol and cocaine.

Ms Parr’s brother Craig Parr said: “We’re still trying to get over the shock of what has happened.”

Related links


Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree